The Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare is for learners who work in, or who want to work in residential childcare settings in England.
It gives learners the opportunity to:
- develop and demonstrate competence in job roles such as a residential care worker or a short break carer.
- develop and demonstrate a range of technical and wider sector-related knowledge to underpin competence in the job roles stated above. This includes the development of children and young people in residential childcare, how to support positive outcomes for children and young people in residential childcare, how to safeguard and protect children and young people in residential childcare and how to support children and young people who have experienced harm or abuse.
- have existing skills recognised.
- achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification.
- develop their own personal growth and engagement in learning.
- Teacher: Craig Hoggarth